Missoni collection limited sale on Target last Tuesday, September 13, 2011 was a blockbuster. A lot of customers lined up in Target stores to grab Missoni items that include bikes, luggage, clothes and housewares.
Reports by several news sites said that Missoni sale on Target has reached Black Friday Sales level.
Missoni, known for its zig-zag patterns, chose Target as its exclusive retailer for its limited sale that offered items that costs about $2.99 for stationary, $599.99 on furnitures. The sale offering was way beyond their regular price that usually ranges from $595 to $1,500.
Are you looking for the most expensive cars in the world that is over a million dollar?
The list of expensive and million dollar cars is growing despite the series of economic woes of the US Superpower and several countries in Europe.
Below are some of the world’s most expensive and over a million dollar cars. Note: Click on the page number below the image to navigate through them.
Lamborghini Sesto Elemento $2.9 Million
Only 20 units of the Lamborghini Sesto Elemento will be constructed
Image Credit: CNBC.com
Globe Telecom, Inc. has finally released version 1.4 of their Apple iPad application to fix some issues of their previous version.
The new version of Globe Services for the iPad, available since July 28, 2011, can be downloaded free from the Utilities category of the Apple App Store.
Read the rest of this entry »
Starting April 4, 2011, Google co-founder Eric Schmidt will step down as CEO and will now assume the position as Executive Chairman of the company, as announced by Google in its year-end earnings report. Google co-founder Larry Page will take over as CEO from Schmidt.
Day-to-day operations will now be handled by Larry Page as CEO, co-founder Sergey Brin will be helping in strategic projects that will work on new products.
As Executive Chairman, Schmidt will now handle external functions such as getting new deals, partnerships, customers and broader business relationships, government outreach and technology thought leadership.
Below is part of the official announcement of Google that Eric Schmidt will be replaced by Larry Page as Google CEO.
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. – January 20, 2011 – Google Inc. (NASDAQ: GOOG) today announced financial results for the quarter and the fiscal year ended December 31, 2010.
“Q4 marked a terrific end to a stellar year,” said Eric Schmidt, CEO of Google. “Our strong performance has been driven by a rapidly growing digital economy, continuous product innovation that benefits both users and advertisers, and by the extraordinary momentum of our newer businesses, such as display and mobile. These results give us the optimism and confidence to invest heavily in future growth — investments that will benefit our users, Google and the wider web.”
In addition, Google has also announced plans to streamline decision making and create clearer lines of responsibility and accountability at the top of the company.
* Starting from April 4, Larry Page, Google Co-Founder, will take charge of Google’s day-to-day operations as Chief Executive Officer.
* Sergey Brin, Google Co-Founder, will devote his energy to strategic projects, in particular working on new products.
* Eric Schmidt will assume the role of Executive Chairman, focusing externally on deals, partnerships, customers and broader business relationships, government outreach and technology thought leadership–all of which are increasingly important given Google’s global reach. Internally, he will continue to act as an advisor to Larry and Sergey.
Commenting on these changes, Eric said: “We’ve been talking about how best to simplify our management structure and speed up decision making for a long time. By clarifying our individual roles we’ll create clearer responsibility and accountability at the top of the company. In my clear opinion, Larry is ready to lead and I’m excited about working with both him and Sergey for a long time to come.”
Larry said: “Eric has clearly done an outstanding job leading Google for the last decade. The results speak for themselves. There is no other CEO in the world that could have kept such headstrong founders so deeply involved and still run the business so brilliantly. Eric is a tremendous leader and I have learned innumerable lessons from him. His advice and efforts will be invaluable to me as I start in this new role. Google still has such incredible opportunity–we are only at the beginning and I can’t wait to get started.”
Are you in search of a new job here in the Philippines? Here is one you should take a look. This job posting was emailed to me by a colleague.
HOYA GLASS DISK PHILIPPINES, INC. (HOGP), the leading manufacturer in the country of glass substrate for large capacity memory device, is in need of:
- TEST EQUIPMENT / EQUIPMENT ENGINEERS
- Licensed Electrical Engineer / Mechanical Engineer
- Has at least 1 year experience in a manufacturing set-up
- Knowledgeable in the Program Logic and Controls, Electro-Pneumatics, Instrumentation and Calibration, Machine Maintenance and Troubleshooting
- Possesses strong leadership ability, good interpersonal skills and flexibility
- PROCESS / PRODUCTION ENGINEERS
- Graduate of any Engineering course, male or female
- Has at least 1 year experience in a manufacturing set-up
- Knowledgeable in Production Planning and Control, 7QC Tools, TPM 8D and Line Audit
- Proficient in MS applications and technical reports, analytical and self-motivated, team player, with good interpersonal skills and strong leadership ability
All interested applicant may can send their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or MaryJoyce_Platon@ sngw.els.hoya.co.jp. They can also mail their resumes to Hoya Glass Disk Philippines, Inc., 111 East Avenue, Laguna Special Export Processing Zone, Laguna Technopark, Biñan, Laguna. For further details, you may contact them at Tel. No. 049.541.2737.
Check this site again for more jobs to be posted as they become available.