Facebook News by Mark Zuckerberg
Image Credit: Tecca
Facebook news and updates were presented by Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg during a keynote address at the Facebook‘s 2011 F8 Developers conference.
The social giant top honcho revealed what many tech news sites describe as an ambitious future. Obviously, Facebook wanted to stay with almost all websites with through its Like button.
Facebook still holds the distinction of being the world’s biggest social network with 800 million users.
Below are some of Facebook‘s recent updates.
- Timelines – Facebook tries to return to a static profile page without sacrificing the real-time update that keeps a social site fresh and relevant. Timeline allows users to curate your Facebook profile page with the events, photos, and updates that matter.
- Ticker – It provides the most recent news from friends.
- Apps – Facebook has provided emphasis on its over 350 million users’ mobile experience by optimizing the social network with a lot of quality apps.
- Social news and entertainment – Facebook enables its users to know what their friends read across Yahoo! News and what friends listen on Spotify and soon, streaming video site Hulu.
- Privacy – Facebook tries to let its users think that authorizing apps is a positive part of the app.
Emmy Awards 2011 has been one of the most anticipated awards night of the year. A lot of internet sites has conducted surveys on who netizens prefer to win in the 63rd Emmy Awards Night. Experts has also provided their own predictions on the outcome of the list of Emmy Nominations.
Below are some of 2011 Emmy Nominations that were preferred to win in the 63rd Emmy Awards Night by experts.
- Outstanding Drama Series – Mad Men
- Outstanding Comedy Series – Modern Family
- Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series – Kyle Chandler – Friday Night Lights
- Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series – Julianna Margulies – The Good Wife
- Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series – Jim Parsons – The Big Bang Theory
- Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series – Melissa McCarthy – Mike & Molly
- Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series – Peter Dinklage – Game of Thrones
- Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series – Margo Martindale – Justified
- Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series – Ty Burrell – Modern Family
- Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series – Julie Bowen – Modern Family
The University of the Philippines (UP) Pep Squad won the 2011 UAAP Cheerdance Competition at the Araneta Coliseum today, September 17, 2011.
UP‘s Madonna-inspired Pep Squad showed a better and almost flawless routine to retain the 2011 UAAP Samsung Cheerdance competition. The UP Pep Squad surprised everyone with all of its members having blonde hair.
The Araneta Coliseum was filled to the rafters with over 20,000 were in attendance on Saturday.
The UP Pep Squad took home their second straight cheerdance title and P340,000 top prize. De La Salle University (DLSU) Animo Squad entered the top three spot for the first time by placing as first runner up and received P200,000 prize. Far Eastern University (FEU) Cheering Squad placed third with P140,000 prize.
The University of Sto. Tomas (UST) Salinggawi Dance Troupe is in fourth place, Adamson University (AdU) Pep Squad in fifth and the National University (NU) Pep Squad in sixth place.
Below is a YouTube video posted by fotomacder that shows the winning performance of the UP Pep Squad in the 2011 Samsung UAAP Cheerdance Competition.
Lolong, the giant crocodile captured alive in Bunawan, Agusan del Sur may soon replace Australian crocodile called Cassius Clay as Guinness World Records‘ Biggest Crocodile in Captivity.
Cassius Clay, giant crocodile named after boxing legend Muhammad Ali, was declared on Thursday, September 16 by the Guinness World Records as the world’s biggest crocodile captured alive. The Australian crocodile, captured in Northern Territory in 1984, measures about 5.5 meters long and weighs almost a ton.
Lolong, named after a veteran crocodile handler who died days before the giant crocodile was captured, measures about 6.4-meters long.
However, Philippine officials need to work fast in providing Lolong a better habitat to have it recognized by the Guinness World Records.
According to Guinness World Records spokesperson Chris Sheedy, they will not recognized Lolong “until it’s in acceptable captivity, which is humane and professional, and until it has been properly measured.”
Image Credit: UAAP Sports
The UAAP Season 74 Cheerdance Competition will be shown live on ABS-CBN Studio 23 on Saturday, September 17, 2011 starting at 3 p.m..
Read the rest of this entry »