Miss Nebraska Teresa Scanlan is the winner of the Miss America 2011 Pageant on Saturday, January 15, 2011. At 17-years of age, Scanlan became the youngest winner of the Miss America Pageant crown which is celebrating its 90th year. Margaret Gorman of the District of Columbia won at age 15 in 1921. The 2011 Miss America competition was held at the Planet Hollywood casino-resort in Las Vegas.
Teresan Scanlans bested 52 other young women across the United States and took home a $50,000 scholarship and the crown.
Here is the list of winners in the Miss America Pageant 2011:
- Miss Arkansas Alyse Eady – first runner-up,
- Miss Hawaii Jalee Fuselier – second runner-up.
Karylle, currently linked with Yanny Yuzon’s brother Yael, goes sexy with his pictorial with a Costa Rican model for her new Broadway musical entitled, “The Light at the Piazza.”
The daughter of Zsa Zsa Padilla is only wearing a chemise in the pictorial. Karylle is playing the role of a woman who havent experience being in love. The sexy image of Karylle has raised the level of the character in the musical.
Karylle admitted in an interview by local entertainment news that she is in a relationship with Yael Yuzon. She reportedly went on vacation in Palawan together with Yael.
Yanny Yuzon is a member of popular band Pupil, while his brother Yael is a member of Spongecola.
Here is part of Karylle‘s interview:
[He's' very brave, very sweet... I think iyon iyong winning quality niya na best friends kami.
He wrote me a book... to be published. It's a children's book.
The 36th Metro Manila Film Festival (MMFF) Best Picture goes to Ang Tanging Ina Mo (Last Na To!) by Ai-ai de las Alas, while, Rosario and RPG Metanioa came in second and third respectively. Ai-ai de las Alas also won the Best Actress Award with Dolphy of Father Jejemon as Best Actor in the recently concluded MMFF 2010 at the Meralco Theater in Pasig City on December 26, 2010. The 36th MMFF Gabi ng Parangal or MMFF 2010 was hosted by Richard, Raymond and Ruffa Gutierrez.
Ang Tanging Ina Mo (Last Na To!) dominated the MMFF 2010 awards night, by also taking home the Best Director Award for Wenn V Deramas. It bested seven other movies that include: Rosario, RPG: Metanoia, Super Inday and the Magic Bibe, Shake Rattle & Roll XII, Dalaw, Father Jejemon, and Si Agimat at si Enteng Kabisote. The second most successful film in the 2010 MMFF is Rosario, a joint production by Studio 5 and Cinemabuhay International. Third in the list is RPG Metanioa by Ambient Production and Star Cinema.
Here is the complete list of MMFF 2010 winners:
- Best Actress – Ai-ai de las alas (Ang Tanging Ina Mo Last Na To!)
- Best Supporting Actress – Eugene Domingo (Ang Tanging Ina Mo Last Na To!)
- Best Actor: Dolphy (Father Jejemon)
- Best Supporting Actor – (Rosario)
- Best Picture – Ang Tanging Ina (Last Na To!)
- Best Story – Mel Del Rosario (Ang Tanging Ina Mo Last Na To)
- Best Director – Wenn V Deramas (Ang Tanging Ina Mo Last Na To!)
- Best Cinematography – Carlo Mendoza (Rosario)
- 2nd Best Picture -Rosario
- 3rd Best Picture RPG Metanoia
- Gatpuno Cultural Award – RosariQuezon City’s Special Citation for Gender Sensitive movie – RPG Metanoia
- Winner of Gender Sensitivity Award – Ang Tanging Ina Mo Last na To!
- Best Festival Float – Rosario
- Best Editing – John Wong (Rosario)
- Best Visual Effects – Rico Guttierez (Si Agimat at si Enteng Kabisote)
- Best Make-up – Nestor Dayao, and group (Si Agimat at Si Enteng Kabisote)
- Best Independent Film – Presa
- Best Child Performer – Zyril Manabat (Ang Tanging Ina Mo Last na to)
- Best Production Design – Joey Luna (Rosario)
- Best Theme Song – Kaya Mo (RPG Metanoia)
- Best Musical Score – Jesse Lazatin for (Ang Tanging Ina Mo, Last na to!)
- Best Sound Recording – Ditoy Aguila (Super Inday and the Magic Bibe) and Ambient Media (RPG Metanoia)
- Face of the Night – Bong Revilla Jr.
- Female Face of the Night – Sam Pinto
- Best Dressed Male Celebrity – Dennis Trillo
- Best Dressed Female Celebrity – Jennelyn Mercado
Sexy siren Cristine Reyes is fuming mad as she tweets Kapamilya Drama Princess Sarah Geronimo. Earlier, it was reported by some blog sites that Cristine Reyes is very angry with Bea Alonso. It turned out however that Cristine‘s tweets on her Twitter account is for Sarah.
It is not clear yet what made Cristine so angry with Sarah. Bea Alonso and Sarah Geronimo are both mainstay hosts of ABS-CBN‘s ASAP XV.
Here is a screenshot of the spicy tweets of Cristine Reyes posted on her Twitter account @PilyangSweet:
SYDNEY, Australia – American Ashley Kerekes, Twitter user behind @theashes, became an instant hit when she complained last Saturday, November 27, 2010 after her account was bombarded by messages about cricket, according to international news sites.The lady was so upset to receive a lot of tweets from a topic she doesn’t know. She even asked other twitter users about a wicket. Kerekas admitted that she is not even sure of who to support between Australia and England. She previously tweets only about knitting and updates on the “Glee” TV show.
On Monday, November 29, 2010 @theashes was offering a self-designed T-shirt worth $19.90 at www.spreadshirt.com, using her famous tweet “I am not a freaking cricket match!!” aiming to share the income to #gettheashestotheashes.
Kerekas tweeted, “I hope no one is offended by me making T-shirts.” The lady added that she might “probably make two cents a shirt” but she is “not trying to get rich, just have fun.”
Due to her instant popularity, the lady from Massachusetts was even offered a free flight by Qantas Airways from New York to Australia and sell her T-Shirts there.
The 22-year old Kerekas had about 300 followers before the Australia-England match, but in the morning of Monday her followers increased to 6,100. Her boyfriend was the one who started calling her “the ashes.” She registered the Twitter name @theashes in 2007.
Here are some of @theashes famous tweets:
- “I AM NOT A FREAKING CRICKET MATCH!!!”
- “what the hell is a wicket?”
- “This is not the account of the cricket match. Check profiles before you send mentions, it’s incredibly annoying and rude”