AJ “Bazooka” Banal wins his bout against Luis Alberto Perez, a Nicaraguan and two time world champion, via disqualification in the main event of “Pinoy Pride”. The Nicaraguan was disqualified when he hit Banal with a right cross in the head while the referee was separating them. Banal went down the canvas and was unable to continue the fight. The referee declared Banal as the winner at the 1:47 mark of the 7th round. “Pinoy Pride” was held at the Waterfront Hotel & Casino in Cebu.
The judges’ scored the first six rounds: 59-55, 59-55, 60-54 all for Banal.
Other featured bouts includes:
- Mark Jason Melligen against Mexican Bladimir Hernandez;
- Jason Pagara versus Sapapetch Sor Sakaorat;
- Larry Bon Jovi Canillas against Ramie Laput;
- Jun Intor versus Romano Gelig;
- Wilbeth Loberanis versus Joel Lagusan;
- Ryan Canillas against Renjie Sabanal; and
- Rey Melligen against Billy Vullecer.
“Pinoy Pride” will be shown on ABS-CBN. – Philboxing.com