Are you looking for the 2010 Miss Universe Question and Answer portion?  Obviously, Miss Mexico, Jimena Navarrete, won the competition not only because of her beauty but also because of her impressive answer to the question given to her.  Miss Mexico was crowned as the 2010 Miss Universe in the pageant’s 59th season. Maria Venus Raj of the Philippines, came up as the 4th runner-up in the competition.

Miss Mexico Jimena Navarrete

Question to Miss Mexico, Jimena Navarrete: What is your opinion about monitoring children’s use of the internet?

Answer:  “Well, I believe that Internet is an indispensable tool in this present time and we must be very careful and watch over what our children watch and see, our teenagers watch and see. And we must be sure to teach them the value that we learn as a family so that they may use the Internet properly”

Question to Miss Philippines, Maria Venus Raj: What is the one biggest mistake that you have made in your life and what did you do to make it right?

Answer: “You know what, sir, in my 22 years of existence I can say that there’s nothing major, major problem that I’ve done in my life because I’m very confident with my family with the love that they are giving to me. So thank you so much that I’m here. Thank you, thank you so much!”

Miss Jamaica Yendi Phillipps was the first runner-up in the pageant, followed by Miss Australia Jesinta Campbell and Miss Ukraine Anna Poslavska.

There were 83 contestants who competed in the 2010 Miss Universe pageant held at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, Nevada.

If you are the contestants, what will be your response to the questions given? Please provide your answers in the comments section below this article.

Comments

1. 1
    Donnah // August 24th, 2010 at 1:22 pm

if i were Ms Phillippines I would have sited the mistake in not clearing her birth date on the documents that she submitted to the pageant committee in the Phillippines where she was decrowned for some time… then point out that this also become a blessing because she learned that a lot of people love and supported her hence the reason why she is representing Phillippines in the Ms Universe 2010 pageant

2. 2
    mon // August 24th, 2010 at 1:35 pm

Failure of her Birth Certificate is not her major mistakes! Being an illegitimate child its not her mistakes also…Mistakes of her parents i think.She’s answered well.. Congrats Venus!

3. 3
    April // August 24th, 2010 at 2:09 pm

Yeah…you are right, mon.. Mistake of the parents does not mean that it was the mistake of the child. It only means that her relatives and her mother is very supportive to her and love her so much

4. 4
    diana mendez // August 24th, 2010 at 2:48 pm

Mon and April, don’t be mislead by your narrow minds. the judge asked what is the biggest mistake in her life, and what donnah is trying to say is that she could have mentioned the instance of having a problem in her birth certificate, which is the date, not the parents or whatsoever!!!clear??????next time you analyze others comments first before you give your own……….morons.

5. 5
    ara // August 24th, 2010 at 3:23 pm

venus raj did answer the question,but she did not answer the question right.all of us have mistakes,minor or major…she must have cited a problem and answered the question directly and straight to the point.eventough,i’m so proud of her for getting in the top 5 of the miss universe 2010.MABUHAY ANG PILIPINAS

6. 6
    mitch // August 24th, 2010 at 4:03 pm

ms. venus could have answered that her biggest mistake is to think of giving up the ms. philippines-universe crown when she was advised not to pursue the ms. universe pageant due to some legalities in her birth certificate…but with her faith and support of her family and countrymen, she stood up and faced the challenges and showed that in winning ms. universe is not just about beauty but also about being courageous to face and overcome the challenges.

7. 7
    ella // August 24th, 2010 at 4:26 pm

Donna .. your ryt..
    VEnus congrats.. uv done well..although not the best..?
    but still i admired you.. Go gurl..Love it..

8. 8
    sav // August 24th, 2010 at 9:56 pm

she should have answered very specific. her answer is too general. nonetheless, hats off to you Miss Philippines for making it in the top 10!

9. 9
    ulysses a. garcia // August 25th, 2010 at 2:55 pm

Miss Raja answer is rigth, the only case is , she did not support her message clearly.

If I were her, i could say that i dont experience any big problem during my 22 years of existing due to the guidance of our Lord, whenever i made my decision, i need to pray for wisdom from our creator, and i do believed God will guide me the same to the rest of my life.

i encourage everyone to ask for wisdom of any decision you want to make.

I believed this the right support to her argument .

10. 10
    AkoAyPilipino // August 25th, 2010 at 9:16 pm

Having braved BPCI controversy on account of her late-registered Birth Certificate and then overcoming it to recover her beauty crown in time, MVRaj could have answered WBaldwin better by saying:

“The biggest mistake I may have ever made was omitting the inelegance of my complicated roots when I competed for the Binibining Pilipinas beauty crown. I corrected the mistake by personally declaring a sad truth about my humble international beginnings. Happily, doing the right thing when it became due worked things out wonderfully and so, thank you so much to my family and friends for all the love and support, for here I am tonight with audacity of hope to try to win as Miss Universe 2010!”

Considering that exotic and regal MVRaj was No.3 in swimsuit and No. 5 in gown (on same averaged rank with Miss Australia), do you think she would have made a different result? Still, making it to the Top 5 is already big honor by itself!

11. 11
    Dominique // August 26th, 2010 at 12:52 am

A colleague of mine at work asked me how would I have answered this Ms. Universe Question.

I would have answered this question plain & simple.

“The greatest mistake of my life is not being able to apply for a passport early on. If I was able to apply for a passport in my much younger years, I could have done two things –

FIRST, I could have more time for training for this prestigious pageant (remember the only thing was needed was a passport for Bb. Pilipinas Foundation to accept the nationality of Venus). The training I had, never prepared me for the obvious…that I am here competing with very good-natured ladies, who equally deserves this much-coveted crown; and

The last thing, I could have traveled to one or two countries whom at least one of these very amazing ladies represent, it could have prepared me to explore the very rich cultures each country possess, and I would have been able to converse with friends I gained in the few days that I have been here. I could have said, “Good Morning” or “Thank you” in their own language, and would immediately break the barriers!

That is the greatest mistake I could think of. But, look at the “silver-lining”…Las Vegas, Nevada…is the FIRST Foreign place I’ve been to…and the USA, being first COUNTRY I ever traveled to! And like many, FIRST things in your life…this place will hold a very MEMORABLE PLACE in my HEART!”

********

I think, that would have given our country the coveted Ms. Universe Crown!!!

By the way, this is a very hard question to answer because of one thing…WE DON’T WANT TO ADMIT WE MADE A MISTAKE. We don’t know that we NEED to make mistakes…when that is the only thing that would prepare us for
    life’s difficult phases.

Mistakes, makes us do the RIGHT thing, on the next time it happens again. They’re are not regrets…we should look at them as LIFE LEARNINGS!”

12. 12
    ella // August 26th, 2010 at 2:53 pm

Its not easy to be Venus..

13. 13
    renzy yenko // August 26th, 2010 at 11:28 pm

I would have answered: Im 22 and still very young. I believe everyone would make a mistake in his or her life at one point. But at this age I haven’t made that big mistake yet. And if I do, I hope I would have been wise enough to correct them then.

14. 14
    hazel // August 27th, 2010 at 11:48 am

To be stand up in fron of a thousand and millions of televiewers..i think..Venus just get nervous..the reason that’s the only things she could say..let just be content for what she brought for our country…although we hope her to be Miss Universe…We should be proud of her still..,:))

15. 15
    weng // August 30th, 2010 at 9:12 am

well,,,there are no mistakes done.only lessons to be learned.whtever it is,im still proud of her..she did it well then coz f shes not shel nver gt there for the question and ans.portion..blessed u be venus.

16. 16
    gabby // August 30th, 2010 at 5:14 pm

Venus answered the question by heart. There’s nothing wrong with her answer. it’s quite true that in her 22 years of her existence, she’s done nothing wrong or the so-called “big mistake.” She hasn’t come to a point of her life where she has committed a huge mistake… and she’s owing that to her family… because her family raised her well…and for that, Venus is so thankful for learning those good values in life! Congratulations Venus! You should have been the Miss Universe 2010…Mexico’s answer is right but it’s not witty at all…

17. 17
    sunshine // September 1st, 2010 at 12:23 pm

I could have answered…
    I dont think my mistakes, regardless how minor or major it is as a mistake because I am taking it them as challenge and lessons to learn from. I am brought up this way not to blame others for mistakes but to face it courageously.

18. 18
    rowena // September 1st, 2010 at 1:34 pm

she need to answer that in a way na di sya magmumukang perfect. All of us committed a mistake, kahit nga grade 1 diba yung dumumi ka sa short is a mistake. Dun kasi sa tanong na yun nalalaman kung kumikilala ka ba sa mistake. Pero mahirap talaga sagutin yun kasi you need to think of the past and hanggat maaari di mo pwede siyang ihayag kasi ehemplo ka sa maraming binibini kaya naiintindihan ko ms. venus…GOD bLESS

19. 19
    damian // September 1st, 2010 at 6:34 pm

venus was ryt..
    she was dethrone..however according to her
    it was juz a BUMP along da way..
    congRatz..u made us proud..

20. 20
    Marc // September 8th, 2010 at 11:18 pm

There was not really right or wrong answer with the question asked for Miss Philippines… what’s gauged there was how structured the answer was. Had she known the STAR method in answering behavioral type of questions, I’m sure, it would have a different outcome…

21. 21
    pinky // September 10th, 2010 at 4:40 am

they were asking for the biggest mistake she committed in her life and she told us there was none because she has the love of her family that made her secure and protected to commit any wrongdoing. i believed her.let’s face it, we are filipinos, we are over protective of our children,sisters, younger siblings, etc. etc.

ok so we want to be really clever here, what is considered ‘biggest mistake’ btw? when you punched your grade 1 classmate?!? or when you cheated in your exams? or not getting your passport earlier? not so major.
    yes there’s no right or wrong answer. we’re just looking for short, witty, candid and well-delivered ones. but sometimes, quite a tall order when almost all the people in the planet are watching you.

if it’s any consolation, ms mexico’s answer was not that spectacular. watch over what our children watch and see, what our teenagers watch and see. see?

so,venus you make us very, very proud!

22. 22
    Malapas // December 6th, 2010 at 12:33 pm

If I am The Miss Philippines, The biggest mistake that i ever made in my life is being a gay…because i know that being a gay is the biggest sin of our beloved father of mercy it destruct to his command in the preparation to us human in this paradise to prepare of his coming child…In that sin, we human are not confident of the father gave to us we are not being a self reliance and mostly we can’t be such a compatible person who are not a socialistic but definitely,we are surely contaminate bitch to all person around in our society,but in my heart and in my soul, we are not be a knowledgeable to consists our dreams and our opportunities in life and prioritizing is the biggest apostatize to the digitize meowing Nepalese huh! such an ordinary girl we are beneficent of the Cornwallis statement in palaver DE honor to our domesticated lively monitory but in my soul and in my mind being a gay is nothing to this earth…I Thank you…..

23. 23
    ampat // December 6th, 2010 at 12:34 pm

thats true malapas youre so smart…

24. 24
    kernie // December 6th, 2010 at 12:34 pm

yes that’s true……

25. 25
    mellicent. // December 6th, 2010 at 12:35 pm

wow malapas nice answer…im from united states..you

26. 26
    l-ket // December 6th, 2010 at 12:37 pm

huh/….I think you are a journalist malapas because you say all your feelings…. youre so smart malapas…i cant believe it…huh…..laishu…

27. 27
    lassie... // December 6th, 2010 at 12:38 pm

your so intellegent……huh diffinitely, thx for that answer..

28. 28
    grace // December 19th, 2010 at 11:55 am

at ms. Philippines question:

i do not have any major problem in my life because i entrusted it to GOD,whenever i have problem i will just pray and that does not make any major problem because He is there helping me,even that problem is a major one.very well thank you

29. 29
    Michelle // February 14th, 2011 at 1:34 pm

She should have answered: “Thank you very much for that wonderful question sir. I believe we are all just human beings and at some point in our lives we commit mistakes. And it is irrelevant for us to pinpoint which one is the biggest mistakes, because without these mistakes we wouldn’t be able to learn. And as we learn we grow and become stronger person.

30. 30
    donna_ganda // April 30th, 2011 at 5:04 pm

Ms. Philippines Venus Raj did a great job she made it till top 5.We sent candidates to Ms. Universe Pageant who were Cumlaude from well known Universties and very good in English but unfortunately they were not able to get the crown!
    Does make sense right?so stop comparing your answer i bet all of you will walk out with tears bitches….!

31. 31
    donna_ganda // April 30th, 2011 at 5:14 pm

Ms.Malapas from philippines thanks you for your very long answer but honestly theres no message in your answer its a long answer but its null and void or its empty im sorry!

32. 32
    Buddhist One // June 9th, 2011 at 10:50 pm

Oh… please. Any answers are fine as long as they don’t talk about Lord/God… as a Buddhist, I don’t like those answers and I don’t feel impressed by that. Don’t forget that there are many religions and beliefs in the world. Christianity is not the only religion. There are many people who don’t believe in God. This is an international competition so please answer things that everyone can relate/understand.

33. 33
    Kellie // August 2nd, 2011 at 3:16 pm

well if I’m Venus in the pageant,I must be nervous,knees shaking and there is nothing to do but to face all the people,judges and especially the rest of the candidates and prove to them that I’m deserving to be one of the finalists.

Let’s try t answer that very controversial question…
    For me it’s something like this :
    “Thank you for that very wonderful question,Good evening Ladies and gentlemen,good evening judges,Well I must say that having or committing mistakes are very natural to each and every one of us.And if I were be given a kind of problem that leads me to a big mistake I would rather accept and face it because at the end of it,we’ll just realized that there is a hidden learnings and that learning is something that we can use to have a better future, to be better someone to have a better life.I think.”

34. 34
    ginger // August 13th, 2011 at 8:58 am

@dominique: do you think if mvraj answered that she can still meet the time given for each candidate? it should be brief but precise and clear with essence and meat!

35. 35
    kendahy268@hotmail.com // December 10th, 2011 at 2:33 pm

I am proud of her Miss Universe for given a different type of answer for asking a question by Judge.She is very Mind Blowing Knowledge.I love her style.