Are you aware of the new application requirements and procedures in getting a US Visitor’s Visa? The US State Department recently increased the Machine Readable Visa (MRV) fees for visa applications to offset the costs of acquiring new technologies to have a more efficient and accurate visa application.
The new US Visa fees are as follows:
- Visitor, Seaman, Student, and Exchange Visitor visa – $140
- Temporary Worker visas such as H, L, O, P, Q, and R – $150
- Fiancé visa – $350
- Investor’s visa – $350
Early applicants, who already paid the old fee of $131 but has an appointment after June 4, 2010, must pay the additional fee for the MRV at the same branch where they initially secured the visa fee and DS-157 form. Both MRV receipts must be presented to show that they have paid the incremental fee difference.
Since May 24, 2010, all nonimmigrant visa applicants are required to complete and submit an online visa application form, or the DS-160 Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application. The DS-160 form replaces the previously used paper forms DS-156 Nonimmigrant Visa Application Form, DS-157 Supplemental Non-immigrant Visa Application Form, DS-158 Contact Information and Work History of Nonimmigrant Applicant. This new form will now be part of the procedure as Visa applicants must now complete the DS-160 Online Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application. Upon interview at the Embassy, the blue MRV fee payment slip from the bank must be attached to the confirmation page of the DS-160.
There has been no change in the procedure of other visa applications.
As a reminder to avoid delays in processing, Visa applicants must ensure that the following information is completely, correctly and accurately provided:
• Complete name of Applicant (Surname, First name(s), Middle Name(s))
• Passport information (must be the same passport that you will use)
• Other Names (use this space for your maiden name, if you are married)
• Purpose of Trip
• Contact Person and Contact Address in the U.S.
• Father’s Complete Name (Surname, First name(s), Middle Name(s))
• Mother’s Complete Maiden Name (Surname, First name(s), Middle Name(s))
Other articles you may like:
- Passport Application Requirements
- Different Ways To Apply For Passport
- How To Renew Driver’s License in the Philippines