Link building is undoubtedly very important and helpful in search engine optimization (SEO). The process of link building results to good traffic to a particular site from different search engines. These traffic however can either be good or bad for SEO. This only means that we should be careful on how we do our link building. After several lengthy online chat with Marhgil Macuha of Macuha.com and Jerico Macatangay of jerickmac.com, I have compiled some useful tips on link building.
Link Building Tips
- Create a reputable site. Quality content usually raise up the reputation of a particular site.
- Introduce your site to reputable industry experts, product reviewers, bloggers, and media personalities.
- Press releases online will be very helpful. Getting featured in reputable sites is a great advantage.
- Submit articles to online article directories.
- Register and actively participate in relevant forums, and blogs and make a reference to your post that are related to the subject being discussed.
- Build your friends network in social networking sites like Facebook, Friendster, MySpace, Twitter, and many others (ensure to place your site link in the profile section) and share your new and old articles as necessary.
- Provide an email newsletter that gives a notification of new post.
- Provide online survey or poll on your site.
- Register in relevant associations.
- Raise your reputation as an expert in your own field of expertise, and promote your site in the process.
What to avoid in Link Building
- Unusual increase of inbound links in a short period of time.
- Getting inbound links from irrelevant blog comments and unrelated sites.
- Hiding links in your pages.
- Getting inbound links from paid link farms and exchanges.
- Linking to well known spam sites.
A particular site usually gets penalized if unauthorized link building is practiced by a site owner. This results to lower ranking, temporary, to permanently taken down from the search engine index.
If you have additional useful tips on link building, please feel free to share them in the comments section or if you have similar post that you want to link in this site please let me know by using the contact form.
Check this site again in the future for more Link Building Guides.
Other related articles you may like:
- How To Drive traffic to your site
- Effective SEO by Monitoring your blog
- Interview with the Mastermind of Guerilla Blogging