As per discussion with Marhgil of Macuha.com, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is an ongoing process. It is not a one-time activity if you want to stay on top of Google’s rankings or any other search engine. Rather, SEO it is a continuous if not endless work. Sometimes, it is considered by many as a painful struggle to the top of the search engine. Monitoring the performance of your blog is a must. A lot of research and observation must be put in place as part of the SEO campaign. Here are some useful tools, to help monitor your blog:
How to Apply Google Analytics
- Google Webmaster. This is another useful tool provided by Google for free. You can check here how Googlebot behaves within your blog. The Webmaster dashboard presents you with Top Search queries with its corresponding position in Google index, number of links to your site, Googlebot crawl errors, and your Top keywords and sitemap you used.
How to use Google Webmasters.
You need to sign-up here using any Google Account. if you have your Google account login at www.google.com/webmasters/. Click Add Site and enter the URL of your blog. Click the verify site link and choose Add a Meta Tag. Copy the meta tag with this format: <meta content=”code=” />. Add the meta tag in the code of your blog immediately after the <head> tag.
For additional information Google Webmasters, click here.
- Other Tools.
- Google PageRank. To verify the PageRank of any site, you need to download the Google Toolbar from http://toolbar.google.com. PageRank is a numerical ranking, where, 0 is the lowest and ten, the highest. Link building plays a major role in attaining a high PageRank. The higher the PR means that the site is significant and popular.
- Keyword Tracking. Some of the useful sites you can use in tracking your keywords are:
- www.googlerankings.com – Shows your position in the top 1,000 keyword specified.
- www.google.com/trends – Shows you the interest of internet users for any keyword specified.
- www.gorank.com – Free online keyword rank tracking.
- Traffic Monitoring. There are a lot of free traffic monitoring sites available:
- www.alexa.com – Top free site to monitor the traffic of your site.
- www.ranking.com – Calculates the popularity of your site.
- www.quantcast.com – An easy to use site.
- Check Backlinks. This is to verify how many sites links to your site. This backlinks are also the source of visitors to your blog. To check inbound links, type link:www.yourdomain.com in Google Search box.
Check out the site for other SEO related articles.