I bought Globe Tattoo Mobile Broadband from mobile service provider Globe Telecoms to have internet access wherever I go (although, ight now am thinking about the alternative I found at Vsenn.com). It is a long way from my work in Lyceum of the Philippines University in Batangas City to our home in Sta. Mesa, Manila. It usually takes me more than two hours travel time normal drive and more than three hours during heavy traffic. On my way, sometimes I need to have an access to the internet due to the demand of my work and other personal matters. In this regard, I decided to purchase Globe Tattoo. As of now, I am very satisfied with its performance. I just want to share a few things on how to use Globe Tattoo.
My Globe Tattoo Kit
Upon purchase, I was given a kit with the following contents:
- Globe Tattoo Broadband modem
- Globe Prepaid SIM card with a mobile number at the upper right hand corner at the back of the SIM
- It also comes with free 5 hours internet usage worth around Php100 which is loaded separately by the customer representative.
Setting up the Globe Tattoo Modem
- Insert the enclosed Globe SIM into the SIM slot in the USB modem
- Plug in the Globe Broadband Tattoo into the USB slot in your PC or Laptop
- Installation process will automatically start.
- Once completely installed, click on the Globe Broadband Tattoo icon on your desktop.
- Once the application is open, choose Globe Broadband Tattoo PREPAID or POSTPAID in the drop down box.
- Click on CONNECT. You will be able to know if you are connected when:
- A bubble will pop up at the bottom stating that your Globe Tattoo is now connected, or
- The CONNECT button changes to DISCONNECT
- You can now open your internet browser and surf the internet.
Check Load Balance of Globe Tattoo
For prepaid Globe Tatto Broadband, it is a must that you alway check your balance before using it to avoid interruptions in your internet surfing. Here is how to check:
- Click the Envelope icon.
- In the text box beside the SEND TO field, type 222.
- Click SEND TO.
- The remaining load balance will be sent to you via text.
- To view the message:
- Click on the Envelope icon
- Click on SIM/USIM Card Folder
- Click on INBOX
Reload Your Globe Tattoo
Reloading prepaid Globe Tattoo Broadband is like reloading a prepaid mobile phone. Channels available for reloading are:
- Globe Call and Text Cards
- Globe AutoLoad Max
- Click on write message in your mobile phone
- Type <amount>space<4 digit MPIN>
- Send to 2+10 digit Globe Tattoo SIM number
Internet Speed Using Globe Tattoo Broadband
The speed of internet connection is dependent on the type of signal available for your Globe Tattoo. Signals adjust automatically and vary because of your distance from the Globe communication towers. These signals can be any of the following(Connection Type/Average Speed/Maximum Speed):
- HSDPA 400 – 700 Kbps 2 Mbps
- 3G 150 – 250 Kbps 384 Kbps
- EDGE 80 – 120 Kbps 156 Kbps
- GPRS 30 - 40 Kbps 56 Kbps
- WIZ WiFi Hotspot Dependent 512 Kbps
- Dial Up 30 - 40 Kbps 56 Kbps
The Tattoo modem is compatible only with Windows and MAC OS.