ReadyBoost is a feature of Windows Vista and Windows 7, that speeds up your computer by creating additional cache using a USB flash drive. It is an easy and economical way of adding memory. By inserting a 256 MB or larger flash drive in a USB 2.0 port, you can increase the computing power of your pc or laptop.
- Insert a flash drive or other removable media device into your computer.
- In AutoPlay window, click Speed up my system using Windows ReadyBoost.
- In the Removable Drive Properties Window, click the ReadyBoost tab.
- Activate ReadyBoost by clicking the button Use this device.
- Move the slider to change the size of how much space you want to reserve for boosting your system speed.
- Click Ok. Wait for the configuration status to finish.
- Click Start.
- Click My Computer.
- Right click on Removable Device.
- Click ReadyBoost Tab.
- Click the button Do not use this device.
- Click Ok.