Multiple instance means running a single program more than once at the same time. There are times that it is necessary to open our personal and business Yahoo accounts simultaneously. The answer to this is multiple instance for our Yahoo Messenger. We can run multiple instance of Yahoo Messenger without the need to download and install third party software. Instead, you just need to tweak on your Windows Registry to activate the multiple instance feature of YM. Windows registry is a database in Windows operating systems that contain configuration settings for the different components of a computer system such as devices and services. Though it may sound so technical, do not be afraid. Bear in mind the benefits that you will gain in having multiple instance of YM. Follow the simple steps below carefully and everything will turn out perfectly fine. Then, you will be able to activate multiple instance with your YM in no time.
WARNING: Please take care in tweaking your Registry! One wrong move will mean failure to set multiple instance for your YM and can make your YM useless, and even your Windows operating system. So follow the steps to the dot.
If you are confident enough, then you may proceed activating multiple instance.
- Go to Start / Run.
- Type regedit, then hit ENTER.
- Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_ USER / Software / Yahoo / Pager / Test
- On the right page, right-click and choose new Dword value.
- Rename it as Plural.
- Double click and assign a decimal value of 1.
That’s it! You’re done! Your multiple instance has been activated. Sometimes, a restart of Windows operating system is needed to activate the multiple instance feature.
How to open multiple instance?
- Open your Yahoo Messenger
- Login with your main ID
- Click the Yahoo messenger icon again to create a new instance or you can go to Start, Program Yahoo Messenger then click Yahoo Messenger.
- A new YM window will open, allowing you to login with a different login id.
- Having two YM window with different id means multiple instance is now activated.
Now, you don’t need to open and close your accounts while at work or at home. This is applicable even to the latest YM version 10. Enjoy chatting… Enjoy multiple instance…